Share your story with us
Healthy Lifestyle: Southern Delaware’s Active Life
Top-rated healthcare: The prestigious Beebe Medical CenterThe hospital recently added a wing with more beds and has expanded specialties such as cardiology and orthopedics. A Beebe clinic just opened in Rehoboth Beach, and new facilities are slated for the communities of Millville and Georgetown.
- The 2010 recipient of the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™
- Ranked in the top 5% in the nation for overall clinical excellence by HealthGrades®*
- Orthopedics department is ranked #1 in Delaware and #1 on the entire Delmarva Peninsula
Close to major regional hospitals
- Johns Hopkins University Hospital within a three-hour drive
- Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia within a 2.5-hour drive
- National Institutes of Health in Washington, DC within a three-hour drive
Recreational opportunities around every cornerHiking, biking, fishing, boating, world-class gyms, and competitive events are available throughout the year, and many of these opportunities are free or available at a fraction of the price you’d pay in a major metropolitan area.
Beebe Medical Center received 5-star ratings in numerous categories
* Source: The thirteenth annual Healthgrades Quality in America Study. The nation’s nearly 5,000 hospitals were all included in this sweeping study, which examined mortality rates and complication rates from government data from 2007, 2008 and 2009. This is the largest annual report of its kind and analyzed patient outcomes from nearly 40 million Medicare hospitalization records over a three-year period.